Friday, June 3, 2011

Can I?

Can I release myself unto you?
Can I strive for a love that is complete and true?
Can I wish for dreams to be made whole?
Can I ask for one who can see deep within my soul?
Can I want love to shine bright in my eyes?
Can I have a love that reaches high into the skies?
So many times, so many things....
So much hope, so many dreams.

Can I have a love that I will one day share?
Can I have the feel of your fingers running through my hair?
Can I be free to express the way I feel?
Can I make you believe that it is all real?
Can I dream of your arms wrapped around me tight?
Can I dream of lying next to you night after night?
Can I dream of your face with the morning dew?
Can I dream--just dream of you?
So many times, so many things....
So much hope, so many dreams.

Can I? Can I? Can I?
Can I tell you of a love that I just cannot deny?
(c)2002

No comments:

Post a Comment