Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dear Love


Dear love,
Last week I threw away your picture.
My heart was heavy, that's for sure.
But, I tossed it in the trash
like last week's garbage....
I almost went diving back in to pull it out.
(there was still much room for doubt)
And I wanted to try and salvage your memory
But, then, in my mind's eye your face filled the view in front of me.
So, I left the picture of your handsome face in the garbage bin.
I know that your memory will fade, so I'm moving on to something else 'til then.

Dear Love,
Last month, I tried really hard not to hear the tenor in your voice...
tried to forget how your laugh brought my heart so much joy.
But, the raspiness of your tone
stayed in my head all month long.
The deep resonating sound of your words bore into my brain
And like a popular song, I just wished it would rain.
That way, I'd hear instead
the sound of thunder and raindrops pounding on my head.

Dear Love,
Last year, I finally lost the sensation of your arms wrapped around me tight.
Of you snuggling close to me keeping me safe thru the night.
It took me a while, my dear,
But, finally, I forgot how I felt whenever your presence was so near.

Dear Love,
Time finally began moving again.
As I slowly forgot how I had you embedded in my brain.
My movements once again became precise and sure
As I came to grips with the fact that your arms would no more keep me secure.
My life pushed the play button finally and the picture showing now is just what it should be.

Me being me....
me being me without needing...
me being me without wanting...
me being me without yearning...
me being me without desiring...
me being me without wishing for...
me being me without loving...
Me being me without you, dear Love.
(c) January 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment